Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Long time, no post...


It has been quite a busy time around here lately, with a whole lot of dinners out. This translates to very little cooking, except for Miss F (see bottom post). I have had great food at Bar Annie (tuna tartare, steak and fries), McCormick and Schmicks (happy hour, complete with raw oysters), Niko Nikos (gyros) and Ninfa's (Mixta Acapulco - which is fancy for shrimp, beef and chicken fajitas). I had a good size to go box from Ninfa's, so I whipped up some easy quesadillas.





Easy Quesadillas

remains for a good plate of fajitas (El Tiempo, Pappasitos, etc...)
tortillas (always ask for extra with your to-go)
1 heaping tablespoon for every quesadilla of shredded Mexican cheese, your favorite blend

Heat up a skillet on high. Lay one of your to-go tortillas and pile on the leftover fajita meat, torn into bite size pieces, on one half of the tortilla. Add a tablespoon of cheese and fold over the tortilla, flip the quesadilla over and warm for another minute or so, until the cheese melts and the tortilla gets a nice toast to it. Repeat with as many leftover tortillas as you like.

Cooking for Miss F has been such a joy for me so far. I am happy to say, Miss F has never had an ounce of jarred baby food. No real recipes needed, just steam, bake, boil whatever you like and mush into baby food, consulting Wholesome Baby Food whenever I was unsure about anything. Now that she is getting into more and more table foods, I have been on the lookout for ideas to leave for her lunch. Something that is good for her and easy for our nanny to heat up for her. I have done a couple pasta dishes and she loves getting Tomato Basil Soup. I never had any desire to do any type of meat baby food, but now that she can enjoy pieces of meat, I figured that would be a good fix for her lunch time. I boiled one chicken breast and shredded the meat. I divided it into three containers and I flavored each one differently so she wouldn't get bored with plain old boiled chicken. I added a couple teaspoons of tomato paste (Italian) to one, Hoisin sauce (Asian) to another and ranch dressing (Texas) to the last batch. I hope she likes her chicken around the world this week. Next weekend I am going to make the mini turkey meatballs that my friend Sarah makes, what a fantastic idea!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...